Copyright © Maple Bluff Fire Rescue Department | All Rights Reserved
The Maple Bluff Fire Rescue Department is currently accepting applications for Limited Term Employee(s) (LTE), Firefighter/EMT. Completed applications must be returned to Fire Chief Kristopher Loy prior to 6:00pm on Friday, May 31, 2019.
One or more LTE(s) will be hired to meet the staffing needs of the department from June 1, 2019 until September 1, 2019. This time frame may be extended based on the needs of the department, but will not exceed 1,100 hours of work within a twelve-month period for any one employee.
Provide and administer emergency and non-emergency care for sick and/or injured persons and perform firefighting duties based on Department Guidelines & WI Licensure Requirements.
Assist MBFD full-time staff with Fire/EMS-related duties including, but not limited to: training, record-keeping, vehicle and equipment maintenance, new member orientation, and supply inventory.
REQUIREMENT, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be a current member of the MBFD.
- Possess current State of Wisconsin Emergency Medical Technician-Basic license or higher.
- Possess current WI Entry Level Firefighter Certification (minimum).
- Must be able to work a minimum of two, eleven hour, daytime (7:00am-6:00pm) shifts per week.
- Possess a valid Wisconsin driver’s license
- Must meet criteria set by MBFD insurance provider which includes favorable driving record and criminal background checks prior to acceptance.
- Knowledge of the territory within the Village of Maple Bluff and surrounding areas.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word and Excel desirable.
ESSENTIAL INCIDENT & ADMINISTRATIVE-RELATED DUTIES
- Ensure personal safety as well as the safety of other emergency personnel, patients, and general public.
- Respond to emergency calls when paged.
- Receive, comprehend, and act appropriately on information received from dispatch and other sources.
- Communicate with fellow FF/EMTs, other emergency responders, family members, bystanders, and the patient to obtain necessary information for providing the most appropriate patient care.
- Render care as appropriate for level of licensure.
- Perform all job-related tasks with a high degree of skill, good judgment, integrity, and confidentiality.
- Conduct quality assurance on EMS run reports.
- Assist staff with new FF/EMT member orientation.
- Ensure that the fire apparatus are clean, operational, and fully equipped/stocked in accordance with Department Guidelines.
- Ensure that all equipment is clean and operational.
- Coordinate/perform the repair and/or replacement of any broken or missing equipment.
- Coordinate/perform preventive vehicle maintenance and repairs.
- Maintain adequate inventory of supplies and spare equipment.
Firefighter/Emergency Medical Technician
Limited Term Employee
18 Oxford Place Madison WI 53704 Non-Emergency Phone: 608.244.3390 Emergency Phone: 911
Maple Bluff Fire Rescue Department